The yellow pages are a thing of the past for most patients. Tens-of-millions of people now use online business directories each year and this applies to physical therapy business directories as well. These directories are designed to help online users locate the websites and information they are looking for. They are also a great way to help practices increase their Internet traffic and improve patient recognition.
There are many reasons why a physical therapy practices will want to register with the top directories on the web. Directories serve many purposes, such as:
- Categorizing websites so that they are easily found using search engines.
- Linking websites to one another for easier access.
- Increasing traffic to your PT practice website
- Providing an easy way for patients to find out about specialized information about your practice.
- Assisting with SEO or search engine optimization. Having accurate business listings increase the likelihood that your practice will rank higher in a Google, Bing, or Yahoo search engine results page.
- Helping business websites stand out to potential consumers.
Here is a list of the top business directories you want to submit your practice to:
- Google My Business
- Bing Places for Business
- Google My Business
- Yahoo! Aabaco Small Business
- Yellow Pages.com
Each of these business directories requires specific information. Below is a checklist of the information that you need to gather to register your physical therapy practice on these business directories. Not all the information is required but best practice is to fill in as much information as possible.
- A Google Account/Gmail address (make sure the practice owner has access)
- Business name
- User name for the directory
- Business owner’s name
- Job title
- Year established
- Street address
- Directions/landmarks/cross streets
- ZIP code
- Is the business inside another location, such as another business?
- Main business phone number
- Additional phone numbers
- Fax number
- Website address
- Main email address
- Preferred method for customers to contact the company
- Payment information including credit card, account holder’s name, etc. (for sites that require it)
- Accepted payment methods by the company
- Business category (physical therapy clinic, physical therapist)
- Business description
- Featured message, such as a slogan, tagline, etc.
- Number of locations
- Working hours
- Your logo
- At least 10 pictures of your clinic
- Do you serve customers at your business address?
- Are you authorized to manage this business?
- Security questions and answers
- A document or system like lastpass.com to store each directory’s log in information
It takes a lot of time and effort to register your practice at each of the recommended business directories. However, putting in the time to do this can certainly help drive more patients into your practice.
If you don’t have the time to do it yourself, contact E-rehab.com for more information about how we can help.
You can reach us at (760) 585-9097.