We are honored to be recognized as one of the Top 50 physical therapy blogs by Feedspot.com .
I thought this would be a good time to talk a bit about physical therapy blogging.
I see a lot of PT blogs and most of them die a rapid death.
The owner/practice marketer realizes that it takes a lot of time to create quality blogs post on a regular basis.
Others that blog on an ongoing basis don’t seem to have the strategy of “blogging with purpose”.
Blogging with purpose means creating blog post that are:
- full of quality information that visitors to a PT website might find useful,
- original content that isn’t copied from some other website or a graphic someone grabbed from Pinterest,
- representative of the services you provide (no point in blogging about personal training if you don’t do it),
- optimized for the search engines.
- good content to be shared on your social media properties
Too many times I see blog posts that aren’t original, don’t have the target audience in mind, and simply wouldn’t be of interest to physical therapy patients.
Ask Yourself These Questions…
When marketing, Dan Kennedy says you need to fulfill three requirements: market, message, media and they must match.
There are three main keys to your success in Magnetic Marketing.
- Message: Without the right message, you are going to be in trouble. Most people do not have a well-crafted message…
- Market: The second thing is making sure you are actually marketing to the right people..
- Media: The third piece of the triangle is media. You need to have the right message and it has to be delivered to the right market via the right media.
Think of it as a triangle with message, media and market at each corner. All three of these must be working together synergistically for you to get the greatest impact that you can from your marketing
Summarizing the Concepts of Physical Therapy Blogging
- Make sure you are writing for a specific audience that can use your PT services.
- Make sure you message is value-packed and entices people to take the next step in your funnel.
- Make sure you are using the right media…blogging can be the right media to use especially if your posts rank on the search engines.
[note_box]NOTE: a good example of a blog post that you might want to write is a post with the title: Lower Back Pain Treatment in *Your City*. If this post ranks on Google, then people that are looking for lower back pain treatment in your area just might read it and take the next step, i.e. call you.[/note_box]