FREE WEBINAR TRAINING
How to "Get Your PT Online Marketing Right"
and Generate 3, 5, 10 or More New Patients Each Month!!!
We will review actual case studies of successful E-REHAB clients.
What are Micro-Influencers?
Micro-influencers are people with a distinct social media presence, typically between 1,000 and 100,000 followers, that are in your local community. They know a lot about your community and people look to them for recommendations and advice about what matters and what to purchase.
Since micro-influencers resemble more of a trusted friend than a slick salesperson, they have some serious marketing power that you should capitalize on.
The Data on Micro Influencing
A 2017 Consumer Content Report surveyed 2,000 adults in the US, UK, and Australia about their unique perspectives on the consumer buying process.
When it comes to engaging with a brand, it turns out that what matters most to 90% of Millennials is authenticity. And what do they consider “authentic”? Certainly not perfectly packaged branding.
Instead, people prefer to consult a trustworthy source to decide where to spend their money, and 60% of them find that content created by consumers themselves is where they can find it.
Furthermore, a study conducted by HelloSociety found that survey respondents were 3x more likely to follow an influencer than an actual brand.
What does this mean for you? That micro-influencing is a powerful tool to reach potential patients, no matter what their age or demographic.
A Powerful Tool in Your Local Market
We all know that word-of-mouth is the most powerful tool to win new customers. Well, micro-influencing takes it to a whole new level by combining word-of-mouth with social media.
Micro-influencers have “influence” because they’ve built a rapport with their audience and, in many cases, some of that audience is made up of a local community of followers. By connecting with micro-influencers in your area, you can create buzz and really raise awareness about your physical therapy services.
How to Find Micro-Influencers for Your Physical Therapy Practice
Ok, now that you know how powerful local micro-influencers can be, let’s discuss how to find them.
Here are three simple recommendations:
- Check out a micro-influencer online properties such as Facebook Groups in your neighborhood and the Nextdoor app.
- Search keywords and hashtags on Instagram, Twitter, or other social media channels to find influencers that fit your practice and have a local audience. For example, #SanDiegoRunners or #HanfordSwimmers .
- Use Google to manually type in [YOUR CITY] + [PRACTICE SPECIALTY] + [BLOGGERS or INFLUENCERS] and scan the results. For example, if you treat runners, you could search for “San Diego Running Experts or Influencers.”
Look for local influencers that have a good-sized general audience similar to your patient base and let them strategize creative ways to share your practice…that’s what they do!
Tips for Using Micro-Influencers
- Invite them to try your practice “on the house.” If they love your physical therapy services, you may get some good (and free!) exposure as they could respond to your efforts by mentioning them in their Facebook Group or posting a “thank you” on their blog.
- Reach out and ask if they are open to doing paid posts or shout-outs. Prices could vary depending on their amount of influence, so determine what you’re willing to pay ahead of time-based on what their influence could mean for your practice.
- Let them be authentic… don’t try to guide their campaigns too much. Remember, your potential patient base is looking for genuine interactions with your practice, and the micro-influencer will provide just that.
- Use a variety of micro-influencers. Rinse and repeat! The more positive exposure form multiple avenues, the more awareness for your brand. But don’t use them all at once or it will be very clear to your community that it’s a paid campaign, which defeats the purpose of using influencers for more authentic feeling marketing.
It’s time to get off the fence and commit to putting in the time and effort to find micro-influencers that can drive you more business!
Use the tips outlined above to launch your first local micro-influencer campaign!