FREE WEBINAR TRAINING
How to "Get Your PT Online Marketing Right"
and Generate 3, 5, 10 or More New Patients Each Month!!!
We will review actual case studies of successful E-REHAB clients.
It’s the new force for online marketing, and understanding its significance to the future of your Physical Therapy Practice.
The exponential growth of online video usage is undeniably the future of all small business marketing plans, including physical therapy practices. By not embracing our video minded culture in your next marketing plan, would be equivalent to not having a website for your practice today. Business forecasters at Cisco, eMarketer, and The Drum all have astounding figures to show how online video popularity has grown in the past few years, and predict continual future growth should not be ignored. Physical therapy clinics will need a video presence in order to survive.
To better understand the significance of small business video marketing take a look at these statistics, and consider them when creating your future marketing plan.
The Unstoppable Popularity of Online Video
It’s hard to miss the epidemic of video streaming on mobile devices these days. Groups of teenagers and young adults all together, but no one actually talking. Their heads down, trying to find the next great video to share on their social media pages. It’s a cultural phenomenon to witness the evolution of the mobile phone, and how it is impacting our lives. Whether we like it or not, mobile phones, and video streaming are embedded in our modern world.
By looking at the following statistics, you can begin to understand the significance of this marketing media format.
- Video made up 73% of global internet traffic in 2016; Cisco predicts it will make up 82% by 2021 (Cisco)
- By 2021, the equivalent of 5 million years of video content will be watched every month (Cisco)
- Live video will grow 15x by 2021, making up 13% of all internet traffic (Cisco)
- In 2015, US adults spent an hour and 16 minutes of every day watching video online (eMarketer)
- 69% of people worldwide watch video online, but 86% of those 18-26 do (eMarketer)
- 71% of teens 13-18 say they watch mobile video (eMarketer)
- The average person spends around 30 minutes watching video on their smartphones every day (Quartz)
- Mobile video use grew 35% in 2017 (The Drum)
- 55% of people watch a video online every single day (Forbes)
Technology advancements for smartphones, including improved bandwidth, allow users the ways and means for video streaming anywhere at anytime, but that is not the only driving force in its popularity. Social Media is the fuel for the fire in video consumption. Social media platforms such as YouTube, and Facebook, are the power players, along with Snapchat, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram. Differing social sites appealing to the interest of varying gender and age groups, prove that there is a social media site for everyone, and everyone is using one.
Here are statistics on how social media plays an important role in how we receive information today.
- Youtube is the second-most popular mobile app; 71% of all mobile users have it installed (recode)
- Youtube claims that mobile video consumption increases 100% each year (Forbes)
- 300 hours worth of video content are uploaded to Youtube every minute (Statistic Brain)
- 8 billion videos — equal to 100 million hours worth of content — are watched on Facebook daily (Social Media Today)
- 500 million people watch video on Facebook each day (Forbes)
- Snapchat users watch 10 billion videos every day (Social Media Today)
- Over 500 million hours of video are watched on Youtube every day (Social Media Today)
- Twitter’s video views grew 220x between 2014 and 2015 (Social Media Today)
- 45% of people say they watch over an hour of video on Facebook or YouTube every week (WordStream)
- People upload more video content in 30 days than what has been created by major US TV networks in the past 30 years (WordStream)
- 92% of people who watch mobile video say they share videos with others (Forbes)
- Video content on social media generates 1200% more shares than text content and image content combined (Forbes)
- Since most videos autoplay on mute, and many people browse Facebook in a public setting, 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound (Digiday)
Your patients have come to expect information in a video format.
Your patients no longer have the attention to sit and read pages and pages of information. They have come to expect the entertaining assets and quick bits of information a video can offer. When patients are engaged in the branded video content, they are more likely to respond in favorable ways to the next call to action. Call today to learn more! Schedule your appointment now! Learn more by clicking here! Patients are drawn in and take action.
- 4x as many people would prefer to watch a video about a product rather than read about it (Social Media Today)
- When making a purchase decision, 4 in 5 millennials look for video content as a form of research (Social Media Today)
- 70% of millennials say they’re likely to watch a branded video while shopping for products online (Social Media Today)
- 96% of video viewers say they find video content useful when weighing a purchase decision (Vidyard)
- 75% of executives say they watch branded videos related to their job at least once a week, and 65% end up visiting the website of the brand after viewing (Vidyard)
- People are 10x more likely to engage with and share a post if it includes a video (Vidyard)
- 43% of people say they want to see more video content from marketers (Hubspot)
- Half of internet users say they search for videos related to a product or service before visiting a brick and mortar store (Vidyard)
- One in four consumers say they lose interest in a business if it doesn’t have video content for them to watch (Vidyard)
- When asked about the type of marketing asset they’d like to see more of from brands, North American consumers ranked video #1 (Vidyard)
- 59% of consumers say video footage of testimonials help them decide whether they want to buy from a company (Vidyard)
- Over a third of video viewers watch the video in its entirety (Hubspot)
- 80% of consumers remember a video they’ve watched in the past month (Forbes)
Video content in your marketing plan will benefit your physical therapy practice with a higher rate of return, (ROI) They are cost effective and with better outcomes, by converting more potential patients, reinforcing your other marketing campaigns, and distinguishing you as a leader in the industry. Here are a few advantages of video marketing to consider.
- Adding a video to a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80% (Forbes)
- Companies that create video content earn 41% more traffic from search engine results than those that don’t (Forbes)
- Marketers using video earn 66% more qualified leads every year and earn a 54% higher lift in brand awareness (Optinmonster)
- 76.5% of small business owners and marketers get positive results from their video content campaigns (Optinmonster)
- 83% of business professionals using video assert that it gives them good ROI (Dreamgrow)
- 82% of businesses consider video a key part of their marketing strategy (Optinmonster)
- 97% of businesses that create explainer videos feel that leads understand their business better after viewing (Optinmonster)
- 81% of businesses say that video has helped them effectively increase sales (Optinmonster)
- Using embedded video on your website makes you 53% more likely to show up on the first page of search results (Dreamgrow)
- 61% of all businesses now use video content (Dreamgrow)
- Video spending increased 53% in 2016, and mobile video spending increased a staggering 145% (AdAge)
- Mobile video ad spending is predicted to surpass desktop video ad spending in 2018 (recode)
- 67% of marketers run video ads on YouTube, and 51% use Facebook video ads (eMarketer)
- 83% of marketers say they are “confident” that their Facebook video ads will help them earn more purchases (eMarketer)
Taking Video Marketing to the next level
For those physical therapy practices who have mastered videos in their marketing plan, think about the next level of video media. Live videos! Since Facebook and other platforms launched the ability to stream video live, the format has taken off.
- People spend 3x more watching Facebook Live videos, on average, compared to a typical Facebook video (Facebook)
- Live videos earn 10x the amount of comments compared to pre-recorded videos (Facebook)
- 81% of people watched more live video in 2016 than 2015 (livestream)
- 80% of people would rather watch a live video stream from a business than read its blog (livestream)
- 87% of people want to watch more behind the scenes video content (livestream)
- 67% of viewers say overall quality is the most important component of a live video stream (livestream)
- 36% of internet users have watched a live video, but 63% of millennials have, and 42% have created their own live video stream (eMarketer)
- The live streaming platform Twitch has 665 million viewers — a bigger audience than subscribers to HBO, Netflix, and ESPN streaming services combined (The Motley Fool)
- Streaming service Twitch achieved a record 737,000 concurrent viewers in Q3 2017 (The Motley Fool)
To ignore the revolution of mobile technology and the positive effects of video marketing would drive your practice to closure. Stay ahead of your competition and plan your marketing strategies to embrace this significantly popular form of brand marketing. Include videos to let your patients know who you are and what makes your practice unique.