Without traffic and new visitors to your website, you’ll fail to draw in potential patients, and you’ll have difficulty growing as a business. Unfortunately, you can have the best-looking site on the Internet, but if no one knows who you are or where to find you, they’ll never be able to visit your site and give you their business.
If you’ve been trying regularly to bring more traffic to your website but have not had much success, one option you should strongly consider that can radically change the game for your practice, is, believe it or not, YouTube.
Sure, you might not expect that a site such as YouTube serves any purpose beyond entertaining and often foolish video clips, but as it turns out, it can also be used as a strategic marketing tool to attract prospective patients to you.
Some Facts About The Power of YouTube and Those Who Use It
Here are a few facts to point out about just how many people actually use YouTube.
• Over 4 billion videos are viewed a day
• Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month
• Over 3 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube!
Thousands of businesses are using YouTube to drive traffic to their sites by creating viral videos about their products and services. Viral video is basically a video that becomes popular and is shared through social media sites (like Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus), e-mail and video sharing sites.
[note_box]They use these strategies because:
• It’s free
• It’s an effective source of targeted traffic
• It’s evergreen
• It’s easy
• It’s fun
• You don’t have to be in the video or even talk in it[/note_box]
It’s no secret that Google loves video; after all it does own YouTube. Do a search for almost anything that can be shown through a video and you’ll notice YouTube videos dominating the first page. What you might surprise you are these amazing behind-the-scene facts:
• According to industry watchdog, eMarketer, 52% of all web traffic is video
• Another source, Comscore states that 38% of Google Universal Search results included video
• More than 70% of all web visitors watch online video report the New York Times
• The average YouTube visitor spends 27 minutes watching video per day
• The search engines visit video sites every few minutes-so your videos appear in Google, Yahoo and MSN just minutes after you submit, not days or weeks like written articles. Because video is so popular, video links and clips often show up before other content.
How to Set Up an Account
Using YouTube is very easy. All you need is a Google account. If you have a Gmail account, a Google+ account, a Google Adwords account or a Google Adsense account, then you already have a Google account and you can get on YouTube.
If you don’t already have a Google account, you’ll need to go to YouTube, click “Create an Account” and sign up.
From there, don’t dive in just yet. First, you need to know that there is a right way and a wrong way of creating your video on YouTube if you want it to go viral and get people to come and visit your site.
The wrong way is to create a video first and then hope for the best that people will come and watch it. Unfortunately, that is what most people do. So the video that they hoped would go viral instead just sits there with an embarrassing 1 or 2 viewers.
Investigate Your Target Audience and Cater Video to Them
The right way is to find out what viewers are looking for first and then create a video specific to what they are looking for. In order to do this, you need to find out exactly what type of information people want by understanding who you are targeting and what they are looking for. This is how you do it:
1. Go to www.YouTube.com
2. Find the “Search” box at the very top of the page
3. Start typing in something that you think is related to what you are selling or promoting on your website
4. As you start typing you will see that YouTube gives you a list of results very similar to the way that Google does when you are searching on the search engine. The very top one that appears on the list is the most popular.
5. Find the ones on the list that are relevant to your website and jot them down in a notepad to use as your titles and subjects in your videos
By investing this bit of time, you will be able to come up with a highly targeted informative video relating to your product and service that will work for months and even years to come if it goes viral on YouTube and social networking sites.
Keep it Short and Basic, but Effective
Don’t overdue it or spend too much time on your video. No need to use any special effects or features you don’t think are necessary. Get to the point in an effective manner and be sure to make your message clear by the end of the video: we are a successful and reliable private physical therapy practice and we think we’re the best choice for your business.
[colored_box bgColor=”#788794 ” textColor=”#ffffff “]Using YouTube can be a great way to get the name of your private practice out there and bring in new business. Don’t underestimate this important tool and feel free to ask us at E-Rehab any questions you might have about how to best go about using YouTube for the first time.[/colored_box]